Theorem ProvingCurrently my main research interest is Automated Theorem Proving in the frame of the Theorema project at RISC. Within Theorema, my primary interests are:
- the Theorema user interface,
- the basic reasoning engine,
- the interaction between proving and computing,
- the set theory prover,
- the implementation of the Theorema language,
- the computation engine,
- Mathematica programming,
I'm also interested in teaching mathematics assisted by mathematical software systems.
Book Project "Algorithmische Methoden"Together with Dr. Philipp Kügler (JKU, Institute for Industrial Mathematics) we collaborate on a book "Algorithmische Methoden" (Algorithmic Methods) with Birkhäuser Springer in the frame of their new series "Mathematik Kompakt" for bachelor students in german speaking universities.
- Volume I "Zahlen, Vektoren, Polynome"
- appeared in December 2008,
- Volume II "Funktionen, Matrizen, Multivariate Polynome"
- appeared in May 2012.
- Calculemus Track Chair (2013)
- Calculemus Program Co-chair (2007)
- CICM PC (2012, 2015)
- Calculemus PC (2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010)
- AISC PC (2004, 2008, 2010, 2014)
- IJCAR PC (2004)
- FroCoS PC (2011)
- UITP PC (2014)
- MathUI PC (2015)
- SETS PC (2014, 2015)
- Automatheo PC (2010)
- MIPS PC (2010)
- eduTPS PC (2012 (at CADGME'12))
- Electronic Journal of Mathematics & Technology (eJMT) Special Issue February 2013: Theorem-Prover based Systems for Education (PC)
- Calculemus Trustee (2000-2003, 2006-2009, 2012-2015)
- LMCS'2002 Conference Chair
- Computer-Supported Mathematical Theory Development Workshop in the frame of IJCAR'2004, Workshop Co-Chair together with C. Benzmüller.
- Calculemus'2007 Conference Chair
- MKM'2007 Conference Chair
- ACA'2008 Conference Chair
- CADGME'2009 Conference Co-Chair
- GeoGebra'2009 Conference Co-Chair
- CIAO'2010 Workshop Chair
- GeoGebra'2011 Conference Co-Chair
- CSASC'2013 Co-organizer of Minisymposium "Proving in Mathematics Education at University and at School"
- Mathematical Theory Exploration Workshop in the frame of The 4th International Congress on Mathematical Software (ICMS'2014, a satellite event of the International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM'2014), Seoul, Korea), Workshop Co-chair together with B. Buchberger.