Modeling Distributed Systems
Need a formal framework for our design.
- Various Approaches.
- Logic-based: axiomatic systems, UNITY, temporal logic, ...
- Algebra-based: CSP, CCS, pi-calculus, ...
- Temporal Logic.
- System P and specification S described by predicates.
- P holds on possible sequences of system states.
- S holds on legal sequences of system states.
- System meets specification: P => S.
Unambiguous formulation of the problem becomes possible.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: April 22, 1999