Engineering Distributed Software
- Communication protocols, standards, APIs, ...
- Class libraries: STL, JDK, JFC, ...
- Middleware: CORBA, DCOM, RMI, Jini, ...
- Application Frameworks: San Francisco, EJB, ...
- Mental and Linguistic Model.
- Formulating the problem.
- Designing a solution.
- Reasoning about its correctness.
The reliability of (distributed) software depends on engineers who are
able to reason and to talk about the artefacts they design.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: April 22, 1999