CASA Function: mkPlacAlgSet
Creates an algebraic set represented by places.
- A := mkPlacAlgSet(repr,v)
- A := mkPlacAlgSet(repr,v,attr)
- repr : procedure
- powerseries giving the places of the algebraic set
- v : list(name)
- attr : list(equation)
- A : algset("plac")
- An algebraic set represented by places.
- The function works as an input interface to the datatype algebraic set. It takes as argument a list of power series or polynomials. The polynomials are also interpreted as power series and automatically converted to power series. They describe the places of the algebraic set around the point which they are centered.
- The second argument is a list of variables. It is given to distinguish from parameters.
- The output is an algebraic set which consists of a list of lists of procedures which compute the coefficients of the represented power series up to an arbitrary order.
> s := powseries[powpoly](T,T)/powseries[powpoly](1-T,T):
> s := powseries[evalpow](s):
> A := mkPlacAlgSet([[T,T^8+T^10,s],[s,T^3,1]],[T]);
> A := mkPlacAlgSet([[T,T^8+T^10,s],[s,T^3,1]],[T],