Parallel and Distributed Computing - Projects
RISC research in this area is based on the following projects/activities:
- PRACE: Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (2012-2016)
- The mission of PRACE (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe) is to enable high impact scientific discovery and engineering research and development across all disciplines to enhance European competitiveness.
- SCIEnce: Symbolic Computation Infrastructure for Europe (2006-2011)
- The goal of the project is to improve integration between key world-leading developers and application experts in Symbolic Computation software systems.
- Austrian Grid II (2007-2009)
- A project on the development of a topology-aware supercomputing API for the grid.
- EGEE-2: Enabling Grids for E-SciencE
- A project on the construction and use of a European grid
- MathBroker II: Brokering Distributed
Mathematical Services (2005-2007)
- A project that continues and extends the work of the previous MathBroker
- Austrian Grid Project SEE-GRID (2004-2006)
- RISC-Linz pursues within an Austrian Grid project in cooperation
with the Upper Austrian Research and the University of Applied Sciences
A Framework for Brokering Distributed Mathematical Services (2001--2003)
- A project on the development of mathematical web services.
- Distributed Maple (since
- A long-term project on the development of a distributed version of the
computer algebra system Maple.
Last modified: Mon Feb 22 17:10:03 CEST 2010