Introduction to the Problem
A very short introduction to the area of resolution of singularities
with a brief summary of the research history of the problem, following
only the branch that led to our work.
About the Software
Facts about the desing package (requirements, current state,
upcoming releases, etc.), with links to other Maple packages that
A brief description of the input and output specification of the
program, with additional explanation of the structure of the data of
the HTML export.
Links to a couple of examples. (The examples are provided by the
1.3 version of the package.)
A list of bibliographic entries related to: resolution of
singularities, algorithms which play important role in
desing (e.g. Gröbner basis), possible applications
(e.g. computation of adjoints and surface parametrization).
- Josef Schicho (project leader). Research interests: constructive algebraic geometry, algebraic geometry, constructive analysis.
- Gábor Bodnár. Research interests: computer algebra, constructive algebraic geometry.
All the versions of desing are available through the release history.
- J.S.: Embedded Desingularization of Hypersurfaces after Villamayor, RISC Technical report 1997
- G.B. & J.S.: A Computer Program for the Resolution of Singularities, in Resolution of Singularities, A research textbook in tribute to Oscar Zariski editors H. Hauser, J. Lipman, F. Oort, A. Quiros, Progress in Mathematics 181:231-238, Birkhauser 2000, (RISC Technical report version)
- G.B. & J.S.: Automated Resolution of Singularities for Hypersurfaces, Journal of Symbolic Computation 30(4):401-428, Academic Press 2000, (RISC Technical report version)
- G.B. & J.S.: Improvements of the Algorithm for Resolution of Singularities, RISC Technical report 2000
- G.B. & J.S.: An Improved Algorithm for the Resolution of Singularities, in Proceedings of ISSAC 2000 editor C. Traverso, p. 29-36, ACM 2000.
- G.B.: Algorithmic Resolution of Singularities, PhD Thesis, Johannes Kepler University, RISC-Linz 2000, (RISC Technical report version).
- G.B. & J.S.: Two computational techniques for singularity resolution, Journal of Symbolic Computation 32(1-2):39-54, Academic Press 2001,
- G.B. & J.S.: desing Manual
- G.B.: Computation of blowing up centers, Journal of Pure and
Applied Algebra, 179(3): 221-233, (2003).
- G.B.: Algorithmic tests for the normal crossing property,
In Proceedings of ADG 2002, F. Winkler editor, volume 2930 of
LNAI, pages 1-20, Springer (2004).
- G.B.: Efficient Desingularization of Reducible Algebraic Sets.
In Proceedings of ISSAC 2004, J. Gutierrez editor, pages 35-41.
ACM Press (2004).
- G.B & J.S.: On Algorithmic Desingularization of Hypersurfaces, presented at IMACS-ACA '98 (ps file)
- G.B & J.S.: An Algorithm for Resolution of Singularities, presented at the Poster Session of ECCAD '99 (ps file)
- G.B & J.S.: An Improved Algorithm for the Resolution of Singularities, ISSAC 2000, University of St. Andrews, 2000
- G.B. & J.S.: Algorithmic Resolution of Singularities after Villamayor, Singularities of algebraic varieties and desingularization, University of Versailles-Ecole Polytechnique, France 2001