Engineering Distributed Software
Complexity of distributed software is daunting.
- Less and less software is purely sequential and purely local.
- Reactive systems.
- Concurrent systems.
- Distributed systems.
- Distributed software only based on gut is not reliable.
- Maybe the solution is wrong.
- Probably the solution is incomplete.
- Certainly it cannot be analyzed and discussed.
Software engineers must be able to operate in formal models.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: April 22, 1999