PhD Student Position in "Formal Methods for Computer Algebra"
Position is closed.
In the frame of the newly established
Doctoral Program "Computational Mathematics"
at the Johannes Kepler University Linz in Austria
we offer students with a master
computer science or mathematics
a three years PhD fellowship in the area of
Formal Methods for Computer Algebra (PDF)
The position's net salary (after taxes) is approximately 17700&euro per year.
Applications consisting of
- a letter of application stating clearly his/her background and why he/she is applying,
- a curriculum vitae including a photo of the applicant,
- a list of all courses that the applicant has taken during his/her university studies, including the number of hours credited and the grades,
- a TOEFL certificate or equivalent to prove sufficient proficiency in the English language,
- a confirmation of a university in the applicant's home country stating that he/she is qualified to study for a Ph.D. there,
- two recommendation letters, and
- the diploma or masters thesis
are to be sent (preferredly per email
in electronic format as a single .zip or .tgz file attachment) to
Prof. Wolfgang Schreiner <Wolfgang.Schreiner@risc.uni-linz.ac.at>
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC)
Johannes Kepler University
A-4040 Linz, Austria
who will supervise the PhD thesis.
This call for application remains open until the position can be filled.
Last modified: Mon Sep 15 10:14:25 CEST 2008