Univ.-Prof. Dr. Peter Paule
RISC - Research Institute for Symbolic Computation
Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
Short Curriculum Vitae:
- Since Oct 2009: Director of RISC;
- Since Oct 2008: Director of the Doctoral Program Computational Mathematics at the JKU;
- Since March 2005: Full professor (successor of Bruno Buchberger) at RISC;
- 2003-2008: Director of the FWF Special Research Program SFB F013 Numerical and Symbolic Scientific Computing at the JKU;
- 1996-2004: Associate professor at RISC;
- 1996: Habilitation for mathematics at the Johannes Kepler University Linz;
- 1990-1996: Assistant professor at RISC;
- 1986-1988: PostDoc at RISC;
- 1984-1986: Humboldt Fellowship at the University of Bayreuth working with Prof. Adalbert Kerber;
1983: Ph.D. (Dr.phil.) with distinction at the University of Vienna.
Thesis title: "Zwei neue Transformationen als elementare Anwendungen der q-Vandermonde Formel" advised by Prof. Johann Cigler.
Research visits (selected):
- Winter 2003: Visiting professor (1 month) at Pennsylvania State University;
- Fall 2002: Visiting professor (1 month, as ORCCA chair) at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Summer 2001: Visiting professor (1 month) at Pennsylvania State University, USA;
- Spring 1999: Visiting professor (1 month) at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Fall 1998: Visiting professor (1 month) at Université Marne-la-Vallée, Paris.