Semantics of Terms
Definition: The meaning of a term
t under an assignment a is:
- If t is a variable, then its meaning is the value to which the
variable is mapped by the assignment.
- If t is an elementary term fc(t0, ...,
tn-1) then its meaning is the result of the application of the
function f denoted by the function constant fc to the
values of the terms ti for the given assignment.
- Determine values of the terms ti under a.
- Determine function f denoted by constant fc.
- Apply f to values and get domain value.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: October 6, 1999