Semantics of the Core Language
- Recursively defined function.
- Mapping of a well-typed derivation tree to its mathematical meaning.
- Semantic algebras.
- Meaning sets (domains) and operations.
- Bool, Int, Location, Store.
- For each typing rule, a recursive definition.
L: intloc || E: intexp |
- [[L:=E: comm]] ...
= ...[[L: intloc]]
...[[E: intexp]] ...
- Compositional semantic definitions.
- Meaning of tree constructed from meanings of its subtrees.
Function [[.]] is read as "the meaning of"
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: March 26, 1998